Let nothing disturb you,
let nothing startle you.
All things pass; God never changes.
Patience wins all it seeks.
Whoever has God lacks nothing:
God alone is enough.
As we announced Sunday, May 26, All Souls will be sending our founding pastor Winn Collier and his family to a new place of ministry at Western Theological Seminary in Holland, Michigan (you may read Winn’s follow up letter). The Colliers’ last Sunday at All Souls will be August 2nd, but we begin now the early process of transitioning to a new season as a community.
First, you should know that the elders have entered into a covenant with each other to carry out this transition and search. You can find the covenant here. Second, the elders have crafted a profile of our community that we will share with prospective pastors as a description of who we are. That profile is here. We encourage you to read both documents.
The elders also have a few highlights to share about the process:
- Elders have been gathering regularly to create structure and milestones around the transition process and will continue to do so.
- Elders have invited a group of individuals within and alongside All Souls to be praying for our community and this process.
- Elders have met with two national church leaders who know and love All Souls (Chris Backert, Director of the Ecclesia Network and John Chandler, former All Souls founding elder and Director of Uptick) for guidance and wisdom, and they will continue to work with the elders as needed
- Elders will utilize this summer to confirm milestones for the transition and search for our new pastor
- Brendan will serve as a leader to the staff during the interim process
- Upon the Colliers’ departure in August, we will host a series of diverse voices to speak to us on Sundays
- Even with the pandemic, we are eager to create space during this time as a community to connect with each other as we journey through this transition and continue into the next season of All Souls.
Early Summer | community discussion about pastoral search and interim period (Colliers depart August 3rd)
Late Summer | search commences
Fall/Winter | candidate list narrowed and interviews begin
Late Spring | expected start for next pastor